We're celebrating National Scrapbooking Day at "Let's Get Peachy"! To kick off our celebration of design team reveals, challenges and fun, our Peachy Kat's have created some special projects and posted them on our blogs. All of us are looking forward to your visit and hope that our projects both delight and inspire you!
So for my National Scrapbooking Day project, I altered a candle. Stamping on candles is so easy to do and its such a nice touch to a gift!
So lets get started!
You will need: tissue paper, ink pads, stamp set, blank candle, wax paper, heat gun & a glue stick.
Stamp your image on the tissue paper and cut closely around the edges.
Heat up your embossing gun for 30-40 seconds until it is nice and hot. Moving quickly, wave it over the area where the stamped image is; be sure to keep the wax paper nice and tight. (Every candle has a different wax melting point, but you should see a change begin to take place within a few seconds) As the candle heats up, the pressure from the wax paper should push the image into the melting wax of the candle, embedding the image and leaving your image intact. If you need to do the backside, use a new piece of wax paper. Each piece can only be used once!
Lastly, if you are giving your candle away as a gift, dress it up a little bit by putting it in a cello bag and tying it with some ribbon or put some garland around a candle holder to dress it up.Please visit all 13 blogs on our Celebrate National Scrapbooking Day Blog Hop itinerary, and be sure to leave a comment/follow each one. After you have visited all 13 Peachy Kats, go back here to Let's get Peachy and leave a 2nd post to let us know you have completed the hop. One lucky winner's name will be drawn at random to receive a fun blog hop prize.The hop runs from May 7th til May 9th, 8pm est, so get your entries in!
And now for your blog hop ….. thank you for participating, and have fun!
1. Let's Get Peachy- Peachy Laura
2. Crafty Scraps of Stuff- Peachy Kat Daphne
3. Create Something Everyday- Peachy Kat Kimmy
4. From Me 2 U Papercrafting-Peachy Kat Tammy G.
5. Greets n Treats- Peachy Kat Becky - You are Here
6. If It's Groovy- Peachy Kat Groovy Deb
7. Kristin's Craft Corner- Peachy Kat Kristin
8. Polkadotrentz- Peachy Kat Sarah
9. Queen of the Crop- Peachy Kat Liese
10. Rather B Scrappin-Peachy Kat Lisa
11. Scrappy Doodads-Peachy Kat Tammy K.
12. The Crafty Fruglaista- Peachy Kat Cindy
13. The Scrappy Cottage-Peachy Kat Cherrie
14. Back To LGP
Enjoy the Hop!!